The child visitor category is for children aged under 18 years old (at the date of application) who want to come to the UK for up to 6 months. To come to the UK as a child visitor, you must be able to show that:
- You are genuinely seeking entry as a child visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months
- You meet the requirements for entry as a general visitor
- You are under the age of 18 (at the time of application)
- You can demonstrate that suitable arrangements have been made for your travel to, and reception and care in the United Kingdom
- You have a parent or guardian in your home country or country of habitual residence who is responsible for your care
- If you are a visa national: You hold a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry as an accompanied child visitor and are travelling in the company of the adult identified on your entry clearance, who is on the same occasion being admitted to the United Kingdom; or You hold a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry as an unaccompanied child visitor.
If the above requirements are met, you will be granted Entry Clearance for a period not exceeding 6 months. If you enter the UK as a child visitor you cannot extend your stay beyond the period of leave granted.