This route is appropriate for individuals who want to invest in the UK by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of, a business or businesses. If you are currently in the UK under a different immigration category, you may be able to switch into the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), under the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category you will need to score:
- 75 points for attributes (Table 4 in Appendix A of the Immigration Rules); and
- 10 points for English language (Appendix B of the Immigration Rules); and
- 10 points for maintenance (funds) (Appendix C of the Immigration Rules)
If you apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) you can claim the following points for attributes:
- 25 points would be awarded if you have access to not less than £200,000 or £50,000 from
- One or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- One or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed as endorsed on the UK Trade & Investment website
- One or more UK Government Departments, and made available by the Department(s) for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.
- 25 points would be awarded if the £200,000 is held in one or more regulated ﬁnancial institution
- 25 points would be awarded if the £200,000 is disposable in the United Kingdom
- 10 points would be awarded if you can demonstrate English to the required standard
- 10 points would be awarded if you can demonstrate that you have held £2,800 in personal savings if you are applying from outside the UK or £800 in personal savings if you are applying from inside the UK for a consecutive 90 day period.
If your application is successful, you will be granted leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) for three years and four months.