The Tier 2 (Minister of religion) category is for people who have been offered employment or posts or roles within their faith communities in the UK as:
- Ministers of religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work;
- Missionaries; or
- Members of a religious orders To apply under the Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) category you must have a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) from an organisation that is a licensed sponsor in the UK.
Your sponsor must meet the requirements for the category you are applying under and take the appropriate steps before issuing you with a (COS). In order to be granted leave under the Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) category you must score a total of 70 points and meet all the other requirements of the Immigration Rules. If you are currently in the UK under a different immigration category, you may be able to switch into the Tier 2 (Minister of Religion).
Under the Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) category you will need to score:
- 50 points for attributes (50 points for a Certificate of Sponsorship)
- 10 points for English language; and
- 10 points for maintenance (funds)
If your application is successful, you will be granted an initial grant of leave as a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) for three years and one months.